Thomas Rhett released a nostalgic new song, “Remember You Young,” from his upcoming fourth studio album, Center Point Road, which will drop on May 31.
Penned by TR, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, “Remember You Young” follows the release of the album’s lead single, “Look What God Gave Her,” which is currently No. 14 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart after seven weeks.
“We wrote this song about the people in life that we love, and always remembering them in their youth no matter how much time passes and we all change,” Thomas Rhett said. “There’s something sentimental about remembering your very best friends who have real jobs and families now tearing it up in college, or picturing me and my wife with no cares at the Tin Roof back in Knoxville. I love that the last verse is a bit of twist with it all coming full circle. It actually makes me emotional . . . it’s easily one of my favorite tracks on the album.”
The 16-song album takes its name from the street in his Tennessee hometown that shaped much of his life experiences. TR co-penned every track on the album, which also features a who’s who of top songwriters, including Shane McAnally, Karen Fairchild, Rhett Akins, Josh Osborne and more.
In addition, the album features a number of collaborations with other artists, including Kelsea Ballerini (“Center Point Road”), Little Big Town (“Don’t Threaten Me With a Good Time”) and Jon Pardi (“Beer Can’t Fix”).
“For me, Center Point Road really symbolizes what it was like to grow up in Hendersonville [Tennessee],” says TR. “First dates, first football games, first heartbreak, first kisses, success and failures. I really feel like that road shaped who I am today, and it felt fitting because the record, for the most part, is pretty nostalgic. Songs like ‘Almost,’ ‘That Old Truck’ and especially ‘Center Point Road,’ really describe who I was as a kid and teenager, and who I’ve become as an adult.”
Listen to “Remember You Young” below.
Center Point Road Track Listing & Songwriters
- “Up” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally)
- “Don’t Threaten Me With a Good Time” featuring Little Big Town (Thomas Rhett, Karen Fairchild, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Ray Charles McCullough II, Jeremy Reeves, Ray Romulus, Jonathan Yip)
- “Blessed” (Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur)
- “Look What God Gave Her” (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Julian Bunetta, JKash, Ammar Malik, John Henry Ryan)
- “Center Point Road” featuring Kelsea Ballerini (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Amy Wadge, Cleve Wilson)
- “That Old Truck” (Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Kamron Kimbro, Ryan Tedder)
- “VHS” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Amy Wadge)
- “Notice” (Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
- “Sand” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Michael Hardy)
- “Beer Can’t Fix” featuring Jon Pardi (Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Zach Skelton, Ryan Tedder)
- “Things You Do For Love” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Luke Laird, Josh Osborne)
- “Remember You Young” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
- “Don’t Stop Drivin’” (Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley, Josh Miller)
- “Barefoot” (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller)
- “Dream You Never Had” (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
- “Almost” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Amy Wadge)
photo by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com